Now that spring is officially in the air, it is time to kick winter to the curb and get your car ready for spring. With just a few steps you can make sure winter does come back to bite you in the middle of a warm, sunny day.
- Wash your car – .This is perhaps the most important step. Winter can be harsh on your car’s exterior, especially with the salt from the road. Give your car a thorough wash and don’t forget the undercarriage.
- Clean it out –. It’s time to get rid of all the winter garbage and clutter. You can put away your window scraper and take the bag of sand out of your trunk. Wipe down all hard surfaces in your car and vacuum it from top to bottom.
- Check your tires –. If you switched to winter tires, change them back to your all-season ones. Make sure they are properly inflated and look for signs of wear.
- Change your wiper blades –. After scraping over snow and ice for a few months, your blades are ready to be retired. Get a fresh pair so you can tackle the upcoming rainy spring.
- Top off fluids –. Check your washer fluid, oil, transmission fluid, and brake fluid and top off, as necessary.
If you need help getting your car ready for spring, schedule a service appointment with us here at Romeo Ford in Washington, MI today.